Back when I first started blogging, I made a promise to myself that I’d never apologize for my blogging, particularly for not blogging for a while. Because as we all know, life happens and sometimes that gets in the way of the best intentions of a twice-weekly posting schedule.
That said, every since this summer there seems to have been a lot of LIFE happening and this past month has been no exception.
Since Thanksgiving, the Cleaver household has experienced a total of the following:
- 1 holiday dinner hosted;
- 2 full days of holiday baking and a pair of second-degree burns;
- 2 1/2 hours in a semi-frozen field shooting photos for an upcoming design collaboration;
- 3 knitted items finished being finished at 11:30pm the evening prior to said photo shoot;
- 3 weeks of contractors installing, among other things, insulation in our attic and a new ceiling in our living room;
- 4 colds (2 for me and 2 for the mister, and maybe even one for the dog!);
- Watched Skyfall, The Hobbit, Les Mis, and a handful of Harry Potter films; and
- 17 boxes of stuff from my mother’s house in California arrived and were sorted and stored.
Mr. Cleaver and I had both agreed that we would just get through all of this and enjoy our Christmas to the fullest extent possible. We had a great time with Mr. Cleaver’s family on Christmas Eve and Christmas.
Now that we’ve had a few days to breathe (and a grateful snow day home from work for me) – we at the Cleaver camp are turning our attentions to that next most important of projects: preparing for the Wee Baby Cleaver!